Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Habemus Papam ~ We have a Pope!

Pope Francis.

If you haven't been watching the news, then you may have missed this whole process. As a Catholic, I have been trying to keep up with all of this. Pope Benedict XVI was elected Pope just a year before I went through RCIA, almost to the day - and a month and a half before Alex was born. Here we are almost 8 years later, and we have a new Pope.

Some thoughts. I find it very interesting that this is all happening about a month before that child I was pregnant with last time this happened receives his First Communion. I also find if fascinating that Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio chose the name Francis. I think it is pretty neat that he chose Francis because it is also Alex's middle name!

Anyway, I look forward to learning more about our Pope and also to see how he leads the Church. It will be very interesting indeed.

I do know he is a Jesuit, and is from Argentina, both of which are a first for a Pope, I believe.

I think the next few weeks will be telling in how people react to his election and any "backlash". I am definitely curious. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)