Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Umm...

I never thought I'd have to say to my almost ELEVEN year old that he can't use scissors without adult supervision...

Last Saturday after Tons O' Trucks, Jason gave the boys a hair cut, which was needed but not absolutely necessary. They could've waited another couple of days. Except for the fact that E decided to cut his "sideburns" and around his ears because it was bothering him. Without telling us. Oh and then he cut the small little "Alfalfa" tuft he tends to get once it's a certain length. Ugh. It was kind of funny, but I'm just glad he didn't snip his ear in the process.
This was what it looked like. Of course, we didn't notice until AFTER we left the house!

Tonight, we went out to dinner, and when we outside waiting for our table, I kept looking at E and thinking "What is different about him? His eyes look different to me." I asked Jason what was different and he couldn't figure it out either but saw what I meant.

After a few minutes, I leaned over to give him a kiss on the cheek and noticed what it was...

HE CUT HIS EYELASHES!!

He's always had really long eyelashes, and apparently they were bugging him this morning. So he decided he was going to use his "kid" scissors to trim them. Wow. That's all I can say.

So no more scissors anywhere for E. Again, I'm REALLY glad he didn't hurt himself somehow.

I do have to laugh though, not in a mean way, but a what the @%#* kind of way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)