Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Haircut day at the Hamers' house

NaBloPoMo November 2013

Jason asked this morning if he should take the boys to get their hair cut, because he would like to get his done. That was my hint ;) 

One way that I like to try and save money is giving haircuts to the boys at home. At $10-12 (plus gratuity!) a pop times 4 guys (3 boys and Dad), it adds up quick every 2-3 weeks. 

I refuse to do Jason's because I'm always worried I will mess up the back hairline, so he still goes to the barber/salon. I've done it before, but it always causes an argument because I'm nervous and he has 100% confidence in me.

The boys are a lot easier. They get a buzz cut using the #3 on Dad's clippers. No fuss, no muss. I usually don't bother trimming the hairline

They all do pretty good too. Even Jackson. 

None of them - well, the older two - like their hair long anyway, so it's never a struggle when I suggest. Jackson watched me give them haircuts and then sat very still on the step stool in the half bathroom just like them so I could cut his. 

Now if I could just figure out how to trim my own...

Here's a pic of my handsome boys!
 
From L: Ethan (11), Jackson (22 months), Alex (8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)