Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My husband's Grandpa

Jason called me from work this morning to tell me some sad news. His grandfather, who lives in Missouri with an aunt and a cousin, passed away very early this morning.

I was blessed with the opportunity to visit with him and Grandma a few times over the years that Jason and I have been married, mostly at my in-laws home around the holidays. However, they had stopped coming up several years ago. In fact, I think Ethan may have been only a couple of years old at the time. We did make a trip out their way when E was about 5 and Alex about 2. That was just a year or two before Grandma passed away, I believe. Sadly that was the last time we actually saw Grandpa as a family, and the last time Jason saw him was at his grandmother's funeral, when his dad, brother and he drove to MO.

Of course, we talked to him over the years on the phone, but no where near often enough. Time and family life always seems to get in the way, doesn't it?

I may not have known him very well, or had the chance to really spend a lot of time with him, but he was always kind to our boys and me, and Jason has always spoken highly of him. In fact, Jason tells stories of summers spent at their grandparents with his brother and cousin, and all the fun times they had.

Our boys and I won't be going with Jason as he travels to MO but our hearts, thoughts and prayers will be with him, and the rest of our family as they lay Grandpa to rest.

In honor of Grandpa and Grandma:
Grandpa and Grandma, Jas and his brother Jeff








Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)