Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

All about the love, baby!

It is the final day in January (duh!) and I was going to share our progress towards those goals we set way back on the first. However, it is still January so I'm taking advantage of that and using all day today to meet any goals that have just a little left to do ;)

Instead I'm taking today to share our FEBRUARY goals. You may notice we are cutting back on them some. You'll see why tomorrow... It's all good, though.

Family

We are going to again try some new recipes and have movie and game nights.
  • 4 new recipes
  • 4 movie nights
  • 4 game nights - video or board game this month
  • 1 family outing
  • A Valentine's day craft 
Jackson
  • Practice Choi 10 times
  • Practice writing "J"
  • Potty at least 2x a day.
Alex
  • Read 3 books.
  • Practice Choi 10 times throughout the month outside of class
  • Write pen pal 2 times each.
    • Ohio pen pal
  • Finish the 2 belt loops he's working on.
    • Geography
    • Maps & Compass
  • Do first 2 lessons in Parvuli Dei.
  • Do the 2 religious requirements (not Parvuli Dei) by the 10th so he can earn his Webelos badge.
  • Test for Orange Belt.
  • Choose a family activity. It can be a place we go visit, a restaurant to eat at, an event we attend, or an at-home activity.
Ethan
  • Read 4 books.
  • Practice Choi 10 times throughout the month outside of class.
  • Write pen pals 2 times each.
    • Ohio pen pal
    • Arizona pen pal
  • Choose an activity for family time.
  • Test for Orange Belt.
Mom
  • No pop for 28 days.
  • No candy for 28 days.
  • Exercise 5-6 days a week.
  • Menu Plan Monday - whether or not I remember to link up (oops!).
  • Read 2 books.
  • 365 HDG - and actually share a post on here every other Sunday. Look for one tomorrow for the last few weeks.
  • New hairstyle. My hair is getting long again, just past my shoulders, and I'm ready for a change. The plan is to get it cut and colored. 
  • Get a tattoo? (This is posed as a question because a. I don't know what I want for sure, b. Not sure where I want it, and finally c. I'm a chicken-s*#%.)
Jason and I also have a little wager. We are going to spend February doing a "Biggest Loser" style competition. The rules are simple. Starting weight tomorrow. Final weigh-in Saturday Feb 28, with weekly check-ins on Saturdays. Each week whomever loses the highest percentage of weight wins for the week. At the end of the month, the highest weight-loss percentage is the overall winner. Weekly winner will get a small "prize", TBD, and the overall winner will decide what we are doing in April when my parents have the 3 boys for a few days! Or maybe something else. That's just one idea for now. He says he doesn't need it to be fun or exciting, but I personally like the idea of a motivating factor! And hence, my title: All about the love. The love for my husband (wanting him to continue getting healthier), love for myself - wanting to be healthier, and finally, the love of BEATING THE CRAP OUTTA HIM!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Find us on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)