Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Daybook #1 - April



FOR TODAY - April 2, 2013

Outside my window...
It's sunny but cold! After such nice weather this weekend (50's Saturday and Sunday!), it's somewhat frustrating that it's cooler today. We've all been looking forward to more spring-like weather. Oh well. The older boys decided to go out and play for a bit this morning and now they are playing video games.

I am thinking...
I should get a particular blog post written that I've been thinking about since last Monday. The ideas have been floating around in my head for a week and I'm not entirely sure where to start. The most important thing: I know there are SEVERAL other parents (not to mention at least one teacher) who agrees with me about some things. Also it's difficult to not say something to people when they are doing things that, at least to me, don't really make sense! At the same time, it's even more difficult to say anything to them about it without worrying about offending them. And to the mom who said to me this week "Well, you probably don't like me then, I'm the mom who sends in a big bag of candy for the class to share!", you're right - while I do like you as a person, I don't appreciate the actions of parents who send junk in to the classroom. The students get parties galore, as well as teachers using it as a motivational tool, not to mention the outside-of-school treats. By the way, NO it does NOT make me feel better that our school is "way healthier than the public schools." Because if this is "way healthier", it just shows what a pitiful state we are in when in comes to our understanding of good food and moderation in regards to treats.

I am thankful...
that my husband is thoughtful. A co-worker and friend passed away tragically and unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago while away for work. Jason has done everything he could to help the man's family and especially his wife during this time, including getting him home. His wife asked Jason to be a pall-bearer and he agreed. While I'm sure this has been hard on everyone at work, I've seen the toll it's taken on Jas and how it's made him see things a little differently.

In the kitchen...
Jas cooked spaghetti for dinner, the dishwasher is running, leftovers are in the fridge and I am trying hard to stay away from the mini p.b. Snickers.


I am wearing...
My favorite jeans, a black tank top and a long-sleeve Harley shirt. Layers are good for nursing ;)

I am creating...
At the moment, nothing. I finished the hat I've been knitting for over a month, my first time following a pattern!! Time for a new project.

I am going...
to bed earlier than last night - 1:00am is way too late :)

I am wondering...
if I should just go and ask for what I want. Also if we should keep considering a move.

I am reading...
currently nothing! Although there are a few new free kindle books I want to start. I can't remember the names right now though!

I am hoping...
this week will bring some nice weather and we can go for some more walks.

I am looking forward to...
maybe taking the boys to the art museum. Also to next weekend!

I am learning
to take things in stride, as much as I can ;) And that E and Alex are growing up.

Around the house...
I've got lots of laundry to fold. I washed it all Friday so we would have clean clothes when we went to Ohio over the weekend but didn't get it folded and put away. Also, I would like to take this week, since the boys are on spring break, to clean and organize their room, the guest room and most importantly their desks! Thinking we they I will clean and go through the basement/playroom if there is a good time.

One of my favorite things...
mini peanut butter snickers. 'Nuff said.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
DIA
watch Army Wives x2
go to Ohio to do some wedding planning/dress shopping and of course, spend time with some of my family ;)
who knows what else - Jungle Java? Park?

For more daybook entries or to participate, go here: The Simple Woman's Daybook

1 comment:

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)