Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday Thoughts

IT WAS THE FIRST DAY back to school after an extended Winter break due to the extreme cold and snow. I have to say while I loved having all three boys home, and summers aren't usually too stressful even though we have around 12 weeks of everybody at home, it was getting rough around here.

Too cold to go outside, the boys were stuck in the house the last 3 days, other than our short trip out Monday morning to the doctor's office and lunch out. This meant all of us getting on each others' nerves and pushing buttons. Boredom had set in, and too much screen time was had, making for some cranky, whiny kids.

I felt like doing a happy dance, and was all smiles when I dropped the boys off this morning. Not because I don't want them around, but because we were all in need of the routine of our regular schedule. Weekday mornings are pretty set in stone around here, and with our new point system (more on that in a future post), it's looking to be even easier. We all get up and get dressed. While I get Jackson and myself ready, E and A eat breakfast, make their beds, brush their teeth and pack their lunches and bookbags for the day. Today we got out of the house early and actually got to school with 10 mins to spare! It felt nice to have a "plan" for the day. Even the boys were smiling when I said goodbye.


I FOUND an old post about Jason on my old blog while looking for pictures for TBT on our Facebook page that got me thinking. It's the little things in life that make us happy, isn't it? His laugh, his silly voices and sense of humor, those hazel eyes that are so deep. The way he kisses me and makes me melt. The arms that wrap around me and cuddle me close. The fact that he will do anything for our boys and me, to ensure we're happy. I wish I knew how to import the old post, it was everything I want to say...

MY NEW FAVORITE thing to hear? Jackson's positive response to questions. If his answer is yes, he says "Actually!" or "Yeah, actually!" It's seriously the cutest thing a 2 year old could say! His vocabulary is growing at record speed and we are all very much enjoying it.

My final thought for today: Its hard to make new friends in your thirties! Sometimes its even hard to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances too. Or is it just me? It seems to me everyone's set in their ways, have their opinions and personalities built and already have the friends they want. It can be hard being the new kid, even 4 or 5 years later... especially if you are shy or from a different state or feel like the oddball. I never really realized how socially awkward I am,  and it seems to get worse the older I get. Its getting lonely around here and I'm not sure what to do about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)