Life. Love. Family. Our Perfect Imperfection. Living life as a Catholic, homeschooling family with three amazing, unique boys, a too-oft serious, frustrated and anxious but also loving momma, and a fun-loving, hardworking dad.

Friday, February 1, 2013

Snack time :)

Every Friday, my kids' school sells popcorn as a fundraiser and as a snack/treat for the kids to eat. Since I'm trying harder to avoid food dyes in our diet, this week they won't be buying it. Yes, that's right, the popcorn that I have helped make and sell has food dye :( They have a really nice popcorn machine they use and it takes kernels, butter flavored oil and the buttered flavored salt powder. Both the oil and salt have yellow dye (#5 or #6) not to mention artificial flavoring!

This morning, I pulled out my air-popper and made our own popcorn. I sprayed it with my olive oil mister and sprinkled some sea salt on it. Easy peasy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments but please keep it respectful! :)